Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Beginnings

Let me start this post by saying my pictures are in reverse order. (I'm learning here :))
This is the entry into the laundry/pantry/mud room on the front porch. We chose colors that were on many farmhouses in our area. White with a sky blue ceiling...the blue is suppose to keep wasps, dirt dobbers and such away from the house.

This was the house just before the siding and roof went on. This is a view of the front porch.
This was during the final phase of framing.
This was the first day of framing...it's amazing what our framers were capable of. Mr. Jem (our lead framer) was amazing. That's me and Wyleigh Jane standing in a door frame. We opted to go with 10' ceilings and 8' doors in an effort to resemble an old farm house.

For the past few weeks I have been in a whirlwind....busy with the holidays, a wedding, a couple of birthdays, snow and ice (meaning school has been out :) ), and moving. But now..yes now...it is my time. I have looked forward to concentrating on our new home for some time. But before we get to all the good stuff, I have to start with the beginning...so you can see what got us to where we are now. Tomorrow I will start posting finished pictures of the interior. Thanks for stopping by.

Billie

No comments:

Post a Comment