Thursday, January 21, 2010

Whatcha got cookin'?

I love to cook. But, I also love to decorate. Sometimes the two can get in the way of each other. I love to have my pretties out so that I can admire them, but I try to keep the main parts of my counter space clear for food preparation. I wanted to share some pictures of my kitchen now that we have (mostly :)) moved in. My kitchen design involved lots of things, but one thing was mandatory. I had to have a place for the chop block and scales out of my Granny and Grandaddy's mom and pop store. My mother promised them to me a long time ago and I have anxiously awaited a kitchen where they could be front and center. The chop block even has the last roll of butcher paper that my Grandaddy used part of. I am very excited to have these family heirlooms in my home and I love sharing their history with my children, in-laws, and friends. There is a picture of my kitchen when the house was just finished in the previous post. I hope you enjoy the pictures. Thank you for stopping by!

Billie


This is a shelf made from heart-pine out of the old farmhouse.
It is above my stove and displays some of my ironstone collection.
Some more ironstone.
A little more ironstone...I know I have a problem :)
One of my prized possessions...the scale out of my Granny and Grandaddy's
mom and pop store.
Another of my prized possessions...the chop block from their store.

I would love to hear about any kitchen goodies you have that are near and dear to your heart.

5 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...should I comment on the ironstone??? I bet you know my opinion. I am SO JEALOUS of the scales. Even better that it has sentimental value. So cute. I think we are long lost sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your treasures, and the chopping block is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm lovin' all your ironstone. I have an addiction as well. Love the shelf, the scales and the chop block. You are a lucky gal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely kitchen. Love your vintage heirloom details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a very pretty kitchen. I really love the overall look and feel of the space. I especially like all your ironstone. What a fabulous collection. Any tips on where to find it? The pieces from your grandparents are not only cool, but how great to have the memories that go with them. Finally, the rustic pine shelf is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete